Saturday 10 September 2011

Knife Sharpening

Most of the kitchen knives I do are from good folks who like myself at one point just let the knives get dull. A dull knife of course will still cut things but obviously not as easily one with a sharp edge. A dull knife for this reason is a dangerous one because you struggle to pass the knife through the food. Most of the knives we buy today are mass produced and sharpened at the factory on a grinder. The edges are nice and sharp and will stay that way for various periods of time. It just depends on how you treat the knife, the quality of the steel and what you are cutting. The cutting board itself will also effect the edge  and it is only natural that over time the edge wears out and needs to re-sharpened. If this interests you just let me know, I can  make your knife like new in about 10-15 minutes, I spend another 15-30 minutes on it afterwards getting it extremely sharp.

No comments:

Post a Comment