Friday 9 October 2015

Every now and then.

Every now and then a knife comes along that causes my nerves to rattle a little.

It is especially true when I know the individual has paid a lot of money for the knife and is handing it over to me to take care of, he doesn't know me, just found my website and trusted me with his treasure.

In this case it was a spring assisted folder, a Gerber which I could just was very important to the young man. It wasn't the fact that it was just a folder but it was Tanto blade with a damaged tip. The fella took a taxi to deliver it to me, I think it is his most prized possession.


I used a blend of technique, freehand and and Edge Pro Professional to complete the work.

The tip was crushed in a little and off centre so I repaired that by hand using a Shapton Glass 500. The original grind was imperfect as well so it took a long time to square things off so to speak.

After asking the young man what the knife was going to be used for I decided to go with a Naniwa Chosera 3,000 grit finish.

If he isn't happy I'm giving up :)



No comments:

Post a Comment