Friday 12 May 2017

Sharpening School

Hi,

As I mentioned earlier, I have been working with Knifeplanet to create a series of videos, each with a supporting article in an effort to build a learning environment that will help people learn to sharpen knives.  It is being planned as a program that will unfold methodically, in a logical sequence and not in a haphazard manner. Meaning, the first video will be a very basic demonstration to get people off on the right foot, to build a strong sharpening foundation.



This of course will make me filthy rich, from a personal satisfaction perspective:)

Everything used in the videos will be items I have purchased, no company is sending me products to use.



NOW THIS ISN'T EVEN THE BEST NEWS!

There is one sharpener that I have learned volumes of information from, a man I deeply respect and like me, likes to share information, I see him as my Mentor in fact.

JON BROIDA has agreed to jump onboard this project and work with me in producing videos demonstrating some of the more advanced topics. Jon sharpens a lot more single bevel knives than I do and has much better understanding of Japanese Natural Stones than me. So he will work on brand new videos and they will be published on Knifeplanet in due course, when his material fits into the program.

Cool eh!



The first video should be on Knifeplanet this Sunday, Mother's Day but I will provide a Link. 

It will be first day of school:)

Peter









No comments:

Post a Comment