Monday 3 June 2013

Nubatama Bamboo Japanese Water Stones

Friends,

I spend about 6 hours a day sharpening knives, I spend 12 hours a day thinking about sharpening knives and the rest of the time sleeping where I dream about sharpening knives.

In order to create edges that startle people, I use Japanese Water Stones and I spend a lot of time with different sharpeners in other parts of the world discussing the topic of water stones. I am obsessed with them, like my colleagues and we need to have the best and a whole lot of them.

(I'm talking about what I need, not what you need to sharpen a knife, remember, you think about cars, men, women, work, golf, friends, makeup, movies, Facebook, Twitter and sometimes knife sharpening. I think about knife sharpening, I don't care  about golfing or cars).

So imagine a person obsessed with something, cars for example and then, after years of dreaming about it, you get the car of your dreams and all of sudden, the all things just seem better.

Enter the Nubatama Bamboo Japanese Water Stone. These are the absolute pinnacle of whetstones, this is like going on a blind date, knocking on the door and Scarlett Johansson answering it.  This is like going out to shoot a few holes and Tiger Woods asking you if he minds if he joins you.

Now I didn't buy this stones for me, I bought them for you. You will be the one that gets to enjoy the edges they produce, I am just the guy in the back, using them. It's like me going on a blind date with Scarlett and asking you to come along.

Here they are......BEHOLD
Nubatama Bamboo 150, Nubatama Ume 1000 and Nubatama Bamboo 5000
The 150 above, the one on the bottom, dwarfs the Naniwa Chosera 1k. How cool is that, look at that thing....it's for you remember :)


The stunning Nubatama Ume 1K with a  beautiful MAC about to get the SPA treatment.
Finally the exquisite Nubatama Bamboo 5k pictured with Executive Chef M.C.'s nice little Misono Paring knife.




EXCITE YOUR KNIVES

Let them meet the Bamboo family.

1 comment: