Monday 3 June 2013

Gerber Reborn

I spent over 3 hours on this Gerber Folder.  The Edge, when I received it looked like it had been sharpened with a file. The owner was upset and it finally came into my loving and caring hands.

I truly hope the owner is pleased.


I started working on the Relief Face at 13 degrees exactly, I needed to go this low to hide the scratches and the polishing work began, from an Atoma 140 diamond plate up to the wondrous Shapton Pro 15,000 grit.




(MR are the initials of an amazing sharpener in South Africa named MadRookie, I admire his work and sent him this shot).

I used the Edge Pro Professional on this one.  The cutting edge is at 19 deg.

1 comment:

  1. Though the "before" pic is not there, the job looks great. If the customer is not pleased as you hope, he'll have a hard time trying to explain why.

    ReplyDelete