Thursday 23 June 2016

Under Pressure Video



     Folks this short video is designed to accompany the article I wrote on the importance of pressure and how you manipulation of pressure on each water stone has the potential to improve your edges.
    This is something I do, it is nothing strange, no trick, it is simply a matter of spending an extra couple of minutes on your stones to ensure your final edge is as clean as you can possibly make it.

     Bottom Line is to create a burr on both sides of the knife on your first stone and then focus on removing that burr (cleaning the edge) on each stone.

Peter

5 comments:

  1. Nice, keep up the good work, I really enjoy reading your blog.
    So far I've read all there is so keep posting :-)
    What about the Sigma 13000#? Have you tried anything else from Sigma Select II? I'm using them all from 120-13000 looking to get the Suehiro Gokumyo #20000 grit (@ 0.5 µm) as my next stone, but not shure I need it after the 13000#

    Stay Sharp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for the reply. I rarely use my 13k but I do use it for Stropping. It's my favourite of the Sigma stones. I have tried the 1k & 3k but I'm not fussy about them. They work nicely , I just have a bunch of other ones I prefer. The 3k stone is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blog is good enough I again n again read this. pete

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for a great video Peter. I shall consult this now and then to keep my technique "sharp". ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Chef :) Pat yourself on the back for taking sharpening as seriously as you do.

    ReplyDelete