Monday 2 September 2013

Bob Kramer Sharpening Kit

Folks, I just picked up the very nicely put together sharpening kit by Zwilling and Bob Kramer.
It is the complete system except for a strop but that is easy to get around.

Sharpening Kit

The video linked above has it all and I have had the pleasure of trying it out. The sink bridge is very nicely made, it looks good too, made of bamboo. The 3 stones are the perfect combo,  the 400 is in my opinion the cornerstone of any sharpening system. To be more accurate a coarse stone is the critical component and the 400 stone is a perfect choice, the 500 grit stone is great as well.

These are Chosera stones and they are mounted on glass and with the 400 is the 1k and 5k stones. As I said, I use this combo quite often.

Pretty nifty kit I do have to say, comes with a video which is not too bad, it provides enough information for anyone to get started and to create a very nice edge if you pay attention.

I don't actually need the kit myself, I already have the stones and bridge, I'll probably sell it if I get any one who wants to buy it.

I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment