Saturday 8 October 2011

New business

Hi folks.
I'll be registering my business shortly and have a name locked in for it now.

New Edge Sharpening  is the name of my business.   I also wanted to let you know about something the Manager at Paderno and I have done there to add some extra options for folks when it comes to sharpening. It is called Custom Sharpening and people will be able to choose from 3 different edges on their kitchen knives. It is important to note that each and every edge, no matter what the choice is will result in a very sharp knife which will be at least as sharp as when new and in most cases beyond that.

The Essential Edge is for everyday cooks and everyday knives, many people have average quality kitchen knives and are really only interested in getting it re-sharpened at an affordable price. Knives are finished with a 2K grit and all nicks and chips are removed. It's going to make your knives very sharp and folks thus far have been very happy.

The Performance Edge is a step above with the finishing stone being 5,000 grit, the blade will be polished and stropped on leather laden with a diamond paste at 1 micron. Precise angles on the bevels are of course part of all the packages and you can even choose an angle. I'll polish the blade, touch up the handle if need be and this knife will be returned screaming sharp and looking pretty. It is only 10-15 dollars a knife depending on the size of the blade with 7 inches being the magic number. I spend a lot of time on these knives, 10 bucks is less than minimum wage and you will be surprised how sharp the edge will be.

The Executive Edge is for professional chefs and avid home cooks  but also will appeal to absolutely everyone who just loves a sharp knife. You do not  need special knives to get these edges but you also don't NEED this sharp a knife to be honest. However, we don't need Rolex's or a Lexus, we just like those beautiful things and the Executive Edge will produce a very nice looking knife. It will be treated to some extra care with a Relief Angle being applied and a very pretty and effective mirror like bevel. The edge is sharpened at two angles with the relief angle getting a 15,000 grit polishing with the finest Japanese Water Stones on the market. The cutting edge, or micro edge if you wish will be at 5k and stropped on special balsa plates laden with very exclusive diamond sprays that I get from a gentleman in California.  This knife is intensely sharp, it looks great and is fun to use at 15-20 bucks. I will spend a minimum of an hour on a small knife.



The Essential Edge is good enough for everyone though, it's going to be nice and sharp and with regular maintenance by the owner with steel it will stay sharp and its only 6-8 bucks a pop, ridiculously inexpensive but it's important for everyone to be able to have a sharp knife and not pay a lot for it. I don't charge for a lot of little extras that I do, I treat each knife as if it were my own.

I love to sharpen....did I mention that?

These are just some extra options for folks, I have some very special sharpening products, people should be able to take advantage of  them.

No comments:

Post a Comment