Saturday 25 March 2017

I'm Flattened

As you know, I am all about keeping my water stones flat and I completely disagree with those who say it's okay to let them dish a little. To me it is just being lazy.

My hunt for the perfect flattener ended when I found the Atoma plates, it is the supreme water stone flattener............until NOW.


Behold,
The DMT Dia-Flat Lapping Plate.

     This thing is very big, 4' by 10" (100 x 255 mm) and it is absolutely flat. Now it is expensive, it cost me almost $300.00 Canadian dollars with the tax. However, thus far, about 10 stones in, it is absolutely fantastic.

     I have heard of folks using these for several years and still being fine to use. I do love the Atoma plates but in my experience, I wore them out quickly, so at 140.00 a pop that was getting to be expensive but again, they are fantastic as well.

     There is a ton of less expensive alternatives out there so feel free to explore them. In my world however, where I flatten every day, I need something fantastic and so far, on day one, my flattening dreams have come true.


I'll update this once in a while to see if it is still as good after several months.

Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment