Friday 16 September 2016

Chris Reeves Sebenza

Hi,
I had a very nice and very expensive folder dropped off to me the other day and the owner gave me the green light to finish it at any grit I desired.

So that means I can finish it off at  600 grit, go to 2,000 or up to 15,000. If I want to really polish the knife, I will take it to 15k and use a lot of stones in between and really work at removing the scratches in the bevels from any previous stone.

So for this knife, that is what I did and all the work was done at 21 deg on the EP Pro.











It was pretty easy to sharpen actually, in terms of hardness, these run at 59-60 and are very nicely finished. You can Google Chris Reeves to see the different knives, I am not sure if he is directly involved anymore with the products. I do know that they have always been regarded as high end folders.



Today I had another dropped off, a zero tolerance folder and it's about the 4th time I have sharpened it. So I am testing different edges on it as the owner really uses it for just about anything. For his knife I did the work by hand and only used two stone, the Naniwa Chosera 400 and the Naniwa Professional 600.


Peter















No comments:

Post a Comment