Tuesday 22 March 2016

New Article for Knifeplanet - Is Sharpening harmful and steps to stay sharp

Hi,

I had a similar post up earlier but Knifeplanet wanted to run with it so I had to take it down but now I can share the link.

What prompted me to write the article was something I read where the author used terms that make it sound like sharpening a knife as opposed to continuously honing a knife is harmful to the knife.

I was all over that incorrect statement so here it is.

http://www.knifeplanet.net/3-step-routine-keep-knives-sharp/



The only harm I have seen to a knife is from sharpening on a grinder or similar machine and also, over steeling.  Some folks have a nasty habit of steeling a knife for a period of time and when the positive effect of steeling is gone, as happens, the person just applied more pressure.


Thanks for reading
Peter

1 comment:

  1. Nice to read your article! I am looking forward to sharing your adventures and experiences.
    https://vimeo.com/155317351

    ReplyDelete