Friday 10 April 2015

Linder knives


I have not seen these knives before but luckily the owner contacted me and before I knew it i was in my happy place again.  Awesome knives out of Solingen Germany, the one on the bottom is composed of the super steel M390. Now these had been subjected to another sharpening service prior to me getting them, on that uses grinders, although very expensive grinders, the owner was not happy.

I hope he will be now.




I sharpened them on the Edge Pro with stones ranging from 400 to 15,000 grit. For the one on the bottom, the part that is now polished was all scratched up so I had to create a Relief on the blade at 17 degrees to cover up the ugliness. I sharpened the edge at 23 deg to give it strength.

Very nice knives, the handle on one even has a little spot for some glow stick liquid in case you drop it at night, you can see the glowing through the little bubble. Cool idea.

Peter


No comments:

Post a Comment