Saturday 1 February 2014

Japanese Kitchen Knives.......yes I have them.

This is why I bought mine, check out the nifty box :)

I am really excited to be able to sell to some individuals these Tojiro 8 inch knives. These are made of VG10 steel, they have a stainless cladding for easy care and I can tell you one thing, they are screaming sharp, they are relatively hard, 58-60 so they will maintain an edge for awhile, not an eternity of course but in a professional setting for a month or a little more.  (If anyone thinks a knife, regardless of the price will hold it's razor edge in a professional kitchen for longer, they are not being realistic.)

Now of course you can find a better quality knife at Paderno for example, heck yeah, their Bob Kramer knives are exceptional as are their high end Henckels and MAC's. The beauty of this knife is that it cuts like nothing I have experienced, and it is very easy to maintain including re-sharpening.  It's just a little different than the knives we can buy here that's all and they are priced very nicely too.

In fact, I think what really made this knife so popular among chefs is not just the performance  but the price. These knives will go for $120-$140.00 and there is no tax.  

So if you want to dive into a Japanese kitchen knife, and not a Shun or Global, give it a shot. (Not that there is anything wrong with a Shun or Global of course, those are cool too, I am often drooling over the ones Cucina Moderna sells)

These will be ordered as requested,  I am steering these towards professional chefs,  if you want one too it will take about 2 weeks to get it, the first ones were sold before they were even ordered.




To be honest, I'm not really concerned about selling them, I'm keeping one for myself and they will make fantastic gifts.  I am not criticising any other knife brands either, I will never do that, I'm just offering something different that's all, something cool and something very sharp.

Did I mention the box they come in?

No comments:

Post a Comment