Sunday 12 May 2013

KNIFE HANDLES

One of my goals is to offer knife handle replacement and I have some good news.

I very frequently get knives that obviously need  new handles, (scales) and the problems will vary from cracked, splitting, separation from the tang or just broken. Otherwise the knife is great, the steel will last a lifetime but what about the handles?

Also, some folks just want a different looking handle and often replace them on brand new knives.

While learning to do this myself is on my bucket list, I am happy to tell you that I have found a talented individual who is enjoying this process now, he already has the skills. He is a retired Engineer with a passion for word working and I approached him about making knife handles. I gave him two of my personal knives to do, one is 30 years old and the other is new.
I was extremely pleased with the results and I have already received emails from folks who would like this done. He is very meticulous and will not rush to get the job done, remember that please.

I will have pictures of his work soon, I promise with Before and After shots.

The prices will start at $30.00 and that will include a sharpening by me.

More to follow soon>

No comments:

Post a Comment