Wednesday 7 November 2012

Great Sharpening Videos

Sharpening Videos by Jon

I often thought of making some videos on how to sharpen knives and then fortunately I found these.

Folks, this is about the best videos that I have seen on sharpening, and I have seen many.
These are created by the owner of Japanese Knife Imports and are just great.

This is how I sharpen your knives, I use different brands of Japanese Water Stones for the most part but the technique is the same. You can see for yourself that it is not rocket science and Jon does a fantastic job of showing us.

Although these videos are made sharpening traditional Japanese knives, it is applicable to all knives that I sharpen, except for serrated.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Are you likely to be in the Wolfville area again anytime soon? I just purchased a Gerber Gator Machete (18", 1030 HC steel). What would you charge to bring that to a sharp, but durable, edge? The factory edge feels like the side of a steel ruler.

    ReplyDelete