Wednesday 5 September 2012

They are coming - The ultimate Water Stones

Folks,   I am extremely excited to tell you that it won't be long before I will have the exquisite Shapton Glass Japanese Water Stones for sale. Now we all know by now that there is a overwhelming variety of Japanese Water Stones on the market. You can pick up the King Water Stones at Lee Valley and they are decent for sure, nothing wrong with those particular stones. However.......there is only a few brands of stones out of Japan that really stand out above the others. Shapton and Chosera have been for a long time the premium stones.  Now, there is one that is considered by many to be a touch above even those and they are the Shapton Glass stones as seen above. (They are actually mounted on glass.)

Feel free to Google them and see for yourself. The really cool thing about this is that I have been sharpening your knives with them now for quite some time.   You know me well enough now I hope to know that I also use the incredible Edge Pro Professional often to sharpen knives. When I need absolute precision or I am creating compound bevels the Edge Pro cannot be beat. Well now, Shapton realizes this as well and these same stones are now available to me to fit my Edge Pro, so I can actually sharpen a knife with absolute precision using the EP Pro and these glass stones. YIKES.......the results are astonishing.

I will let  you know more about the stones when I have them in stock...I will also make myself available to teach anyone who buys them from me how to use them, if desired that is. 

It doesn't get much better than this my friends........




Well except for this maybe
Stay Sharp!


(Believe it or not, 10 minutes after this shot was taken I had a 12 inch Victorionox chefs knife in my hands from one of the cooks on the beach, he heard I could sharpen knives but I didn't have my beloved Shaptons with me. Next time though)

No comments:

Post a Comment