Friday 21 September 2012

Globals in all their glory


I've had some experience lately with Global knife owners who are reluctant to let me sharpen their knives. This is something that I deal with often and I really don't blame people for being protective.
People spend a lot of money on good knives and they don't me, so they fear that I will ruin the edge and they will be ripped off basically.


After all, it's not like taking your Honda to the Honda dealer where you are pretty sure certified Honda mechanics will take care of your car, there is no fear of the car coming back all scratched up or not running properly.

So some folks would instead prefer to just have a set of dull Global knives, I really don't get it myself. If I were in that predicament, i.e. a bunch of very nice knives but all of them dull, I would give the sharpener (me) one knife to see how it goes. I get that a lot actually, a person will give one knife to me to sharpen, get it back and then bring in 8 more knives when they have seen what I can do and gained some trust. I can appreciate that totally.

Global knives come pretty sharp out of the box but get dull just like any other knife. If you are one of those people with a set of dull knives and just can't bring yourself to letting me get my hands on them, then I feel bad for you but you should trust me.
You know how some guys think about golf, cars, bars, women, watches, fancy clothes?

Well I think of ways to get your knives sharper than you can believe, you just need to trust me. If I ruined a knife (has never happened yet), I would simply replace it.



If you want your Globals brought to level of sharpness that will bring you sheer delight bring them to me. As you can see below these knives are just itching to get back into the kitchen. 

Give those poor knives a treat.




Thank you for being here.


No comments:

Post a Comment