Monday 27 February 2012

Patting myself on the Back

Here are some nice testimonials from some very nice people who graciously took the time out of there hectic schedules to comment on  their knives after I returned them:



"Every chef cherishes their knives, but being a good cook doesn't mean you can sharpen a knife properly. It is a skill that takes years to perfect. Far worse is letting someone put a knife on an automated machine…it ruins the edge. Hand sharpening is the only way to go. Preparing food with a sharp knife is a true joy. My knives have never been sharper than they are right now…thanks Peter!"
Chef Craig Flinn
Canadian Chefs' Congress 2012 | Congres des Chefs de Cuisine Canadiens
Nova Scotia Committee Chair | Le président du comité de la Nouvelle-Écosse
ECD Restaurants Inc./Fork in the Road Productions
1537 Barrington Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 1Z4
Chives Canadian Bistro: (902) 420-9626





"New Edge Sharpening" has become an integral part of Paderno's goal to achieve complete customer satisfaction. Peter's work has restored life to edges that seemed hopelessly dull and made misused and abused knives a joy to use again. What he can accomplish with a qualty blade and an hour of his time will startle you if you thought the "factory edge" was the pinnacle of sharpness.
Mr. Malcolm Smith, Manager, Paderno Bayer's Lake Nova Scotia.





I would recommend without reservation that anyone who has a knife that needs sharpening treat themselves to Peter's services.
He did an incredible job on all of my kitchen knives (french knife, boning knife, filleting knife, slicer and others); most impressively, he repaired the tip of my favourite chef's knife so skillfully it's hard to tell that it was ever broken.
Liz Feltham
*www.foodcritic.ca
liz@foodcritic.ca


"Pete Nowlan and his company New Edge Sharpening is passionate and knowledgeable on knives and sharpening techniques. As a chef it is very important to keep a sharp edge and Pete is the person I trust with this. He has also consulted with me for knives that I will be purchasing for my butcher shop and continuously provides me with great advice. I will be working with Pete for many years to come and I suggest that you work with him as well. As a passionate chef it is wonderful to work with someone I trust and who has a mirrored passion for his work in sharpening knives"
Jessi Gilis
Executive Chef/Owner Highland Drive Culinary Lessons-Catering

No comments:

Post a Comment